What To Do If You Smell Gas
- Put out all smoking materials and other open flames.
- DO NOT operate a light switch, telephone, cigarette lighter, appliance, or thermostat. Any spark in the area where propane gas is present may ignite gas.
- Get everyone out of the building immediately.
- Shut off the gas supply at tank or cylinder. (See instructions at right.)
- Call Blue Star Gas – Use your neighbor’s telephone if gas odor is in the building.
- Have your gas service person:
- Fix the leak
- Check and re-light your propane appliances
- Air out the building
DO NOT TURN ON THE GAS AGAIN. PLEASE LET BLUE STAR GAS DO THIS.